Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A lesson learnt...

Part of my job is to help a children with their spelling; spelling rules etc. Well today I had the word 'laugh' as a difficult word to spell. I tested to see if they could spell it before seeing it.  The written response I received was: larff and larf.  So I proceeded with the lesson and we drew picture diagrams the word laugh in a mouth, under lining the tricky part, repetition of writing and spelling.  I then had the great idea to have the kids repeatedly chant... 


"There is no f in laugh, l-a-u-g-h!"  
This sounded okay in my head but as I made them yell it loudly I then heard it as the parent outside may have heard it...


"There is no f'in laugh"...
oh dear Janine, even I had to shake my head at my own teachable moment!


Oops! Will have to rethink that line... 


Go on give it a try a few times I know you are going to....


"There is no f in laugh, l-a-u-g-h!"

"There is no f in laugh, l-a-u-g-h!"
"There is no f in laugh, l-a-u-g-h!"

Much love xox

No comments:

Post a Comment