Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Gold Rings and Parents...

So, the decision is made we are moving to Rarotonga! I have agreed to help fulfill Brendon's dream of living on a Pacific Island Paradise. With a couple of very small conditions... a gold ring and 'he' has to tell my parents!   




We are once more packing up and moving on... I did make comment I shall die packing as it only seems not so long ago we moved back to Auckland and then again into our own house. But this time I have a classroom to pack up as well as a house and it is not as simple as it sounds. We have to; sell furniture, donate unused and unwanted items, box up stuff we want to store here in New Zealand, and pack items that we need to take with us to the Islands.  This is no mean feat as the shipping company have set a date for pick up 17 December, the day after school finishes. We have to move in with my folks for five weeks too due to renting the house out on the 18th.  


I should also mention the $1200 shopping spree for toilet paper and dry goods I went on. We have been informed some items such as lady things, tinned foods, UHT milk (33 ltrs) and toilet paper are good to have shipped over. ("Where are you taking me Brendon?")


Now Christmas has come and gone the stress has subsided for now and there is as much peace as you will ever have living with seven people under one roof and it is here I thought I should keep track of this adventure I am on all because I did not listen to my husband! Haha...


Oh evidently Brendon did eventually tell my parents and the ring did come in time too!


18 Days till we go

1 comment:

  1. ...and let that be a lesson to you my love! You've supported and trusted me to date - from that first date, to moving in with each other, then Gisborne, then back (!), NOT to go to the Middle East, and now Rarotonga. You can trust me on this too - you and the kids will love it! I know living with me is Paradise in itself but now we are moving to something similar to Paradise as well. Oh lucky you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete