Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Brendon's 'BRIGHT' Idea...

Some months back my dear, sweet husband was at the dinning room table reading. I was paying little interest into what he was doing (as usual) as I lazed in the living room with our two young children. This is where I made my first folly, a wise wife who pays attention is never caught unaware!


"Wife" husband called, "there is a job going in Rarotonga"


Second folly happens here with my reply...
In a slightly unamused voice my reply is... "Go for it..." 


I continued my life as normal, leaving Brendon to his world of CV writing, which went on night after night. This meant I had full control of the remotes and I would occasionally see his silvered head pop up whenever some sporting interest was on the box.  


Weeks later a response to the Rarotonga job application came through, with the invitation to an interview. Discussions followed like "what if you get it?", "what will we do with the house?" and many more what 'ifs' and 'buts'.  


The interview day comes and I have almost forgotten that it is on the cards, until my husband walks out early one Friday morning looking very dapper in a suit. A phone call later that day informing me that he felt he did his best and was very confident within himself. It must have gone very well, because some short time later he was offered a job within the Cook Island Ministry of Education! So the lesson I  have learnt over the last few months is ... A wise wife LISTENS to ALL that her husband says. 







No comments:

Post a Comment